The Basement is one of Canberra’s premier live music venues located in the heart of Belconnen. The Basement caters for all types of music genres and hosts many local and international acts.|The Basement has been supporting the Canberra music scene for well over ten years, with the venue itself in situ since 1985! A Canberra institution promoting local talent and providing a community space for creativity and expression.Our Services Contact Us
Boasting two stages and huge & varied acts every week, the basement is set to rock your next gig or function! The Basement is fitted with state of the art PA equipment, ensuring exceptional sound quality and clarity, with superior room acoustics.
Global acts refer to the Basement as one of the best venues to perform! It’ll rock your socks but your ears won’t bleed!!
The Basement also has four pool tables and regular darts competitions.
Main Stage (Main Bar Area)
- 4 x EV ETX35P FOH, 5 x EV ETX15P monitors and 4 x EV ETX18SP subs (cardioid mode)
- Sennheiser microphone kit – 2 x e901 kick, 2 x e602 kick, 5 x e904 toms/snare bottom, 2 x e906 guitars, 2 x e914 overheads, 3 x e945 Vox
- DI – DUQL active DI box Klark Technik, 2 x Berringer DI
- Lighting – 6 x Martin MH5 movers, 14 x Quality LED par cans, 2 x Strobe, 2 x LED quad Blaster, 4 x LED strip (rear curtain warmers) with Clarity software controller, Martin 2500 hazer
- Capacity of 278
Rear Stage (After Dark Bar)
- 2 x EV ETX35P Front of house, 2 x twin 18” passive subs, 2 x active MSR400 fold back, 2 by Yamaha passive fold back
- Audix D7 drum mics, 3 x SM57, 3 x SM58beta
- Quality LED par cans and LED strip colour changers with controller
- Capacity of 140